Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £43.55Trending at £48.37
- £16.71Trending at £19.89
- £7.74Trending at £9.94
- £17.57Trending at £18.89
- £54.20Trending at £64.99
- £12.95Trending at £16.91
- £17.31Trending at £20.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis text presents the discipline from a boichemist's point of view as well as a biological perspective. It shows how biochemical processes work in living organisms and the working methods of practitioners. The accompanying CD-ROM contains additional learning material.
- Author BiographyChristopher K. Mathews is Distinguished Professor and Chairman of the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at Oregon State University. Dr. Mathews was an Eleanor Roosevelt International Cancer Fellow at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm in 1984-85 and Tage Erlander Guest Professor at Stockholm University in 1994-95. He has published several books and more than 125 scientific papers dealing with molecular virology, metabolic regulation, nucleotide enzymology, and biochemical genetics. K.E. van Holde is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Biophysics and Biochemistry at Oregon State University. Dr. van Holde's major research interest is the structure of chromatin; his work resulted in theaward of an American Cancer Society Research Professorship in 1977 and hiselection to the National Academy of Sciences in 1989. He has received Guggenheim, NSF, and EMBO Fellowships and is the author of two books and more than 175 scientific papers. Kevin Ahern is a Senior Instructor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at Oregon State University, where he pioneered the development of Web-based courses for teaching biochemistry. He is a contributing editor to Science magazine and a columnist for Genetic Engineering News. He has edited two books, Biotechnology Software Reports - Computer Applications for Molecular Biologists and The Biotechnology Software Directory, A Buyer's Guide, and is the founder of DaVinci Press Ink, a scientific software consulting firm. Dr. Ahern's teaching experience includes undergraduate and graduate biochemistry courses.
- Author(s)C.K. Mathews,K.E.Van Holde,Kensal E. Van Holde,Kevin Ahern
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/11/1999
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Out-of-print date15/06/2010
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight2756 g
- Width224 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3 Revised ed of US ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.