Bioinformatics: Managing Scientific Data by Elsevier Science & Technology (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £55.04+ £2.80 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by roxy*media*uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £3.34+ £3.95 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by ammareal
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife science data integration and interoperability is one of the most challenging problems in bioinformatics. This title provides an overview of the state-of-the-art in data integration and interoperability in genomics, highlighting a variety of systems and giving insight into the strengths and weaknesses of their different approaches.
- Author BiographyDr. Zo Lacroix is currently a Research Assistant Professor at Arizona State University. She received a Ph.D. in Computer Science in 1996 from the University of Paris XI (France). Her research interests cover various aspects of data management. She has published over twenty journal articles, conference papers, and book chapters. She also has served in numerous conference program committees, she has organized several panels and workshops, and she was an active member in the working groups XML Query Language and XML Forms at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Dr. Lacroix has been involved in bioinformatics for over seven years. She has interacted with the Center of Bioinformatics at the University of Pennsylvania, and worked for two biotech companies: Gene Logic Inc. and SurroMed Inc. Her contributions in bioinformatics include publications, invited talks (Symposium on Bioinformatics organized at the National University of Singapore) and data integration middlewares such as the Object-Web Wrapper currently used at SmithKlineGlaxo. Dr. Terence Critchlow is a computer scientist in the Center for Applied Scientific Computing at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and leads the DataFoundry project. His involvement in bioinformatics began over seven years ago as part of a collaboration between the University of Utah Computer Science department and the Utah Human Genome Center. Since completing his dissertation and joining LLNL in 1997, he has been an active member of the research community publishing in both computer science and informatics forums, giving invited talks, participating in program committees, and organizing the XML Enabled Searches in Bioinformatics workshop.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/09/2003
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Multimedia Information and Systems
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1017 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byTerence Critchlow,Zoe Lacroix
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.