All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.34Trending at £7.29
- £10.25Trending at £11.22
- £12.37Trending at £12.62
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.95Trending at £24.50
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
- £5.70Trending at £7.24
About this product
- Author(s)Xuhua Xia
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note65 black & white tables, biography
- Weight563 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsBlast and Fasta.- Sequence alignment.- Contig assembly.- DNA replication and viral evolution.- Gene and motif prediction.- Hidden Markov Models.- Gibbs Sampler.- Bioinformatics and vertebrate mitochondria.- Characterizing translation efficiency.- Protein isoelectric point.- Bioinformatics and Two-Dimensional Protein Separation.- Self-Organizing Map and other clustering Algorithms.- Molecular Phylogenetics.- Fundamentals of Proteomics.
- Author BiographyDr. Xuhua Xia obtained his PhD in population biology at University of Western Ontario in 1990 and made his entry into molecular evolution and phylogenetics at University of Washington in 1993. He was recruited by University of Hong Kong in 1996 as an assistant professor, and served as a senior scientist and the founding head of the Bioinformatics Laboratory of HKU-Pasteur Research Centre. Dr. Xia joined University of Ottawa in 2002 where he is cross-appointed to both Biology Department and the School of Information Technology Engineering. He is an active member in the Center for Advanced Research in Environmental Genomics and the Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology. His web site is at http://dambe.bio.uottawa.ca.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.