Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.28Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.59Trending at £10.82
- £15.30Trending at £15.66
- £9.50Trending at £14.99
- £30.00Trending at £34.21
- £11.89Trending at £13.67
- £10.00Trending at £10.52
- £17.99Trending at £21.02
About this product
- DescriptionNeil Campbell and Jane Reece's BIOLOGY remains unsurpassed as the most successful majors biology textbook in the world. This text has invited more than 4 million students into the study of this dynamic and essential discipline.
- Author BiographyNeil A. Campbell combined the investigative nature of a research scientist with the soul of an experienced and caring teacher. He earned his M.A. in Zoology from UCLA and his Ph.D. in Plant Biology from the University of California, Riverside, where he received the Distinguished Alumnus Award in 2001. Dr. Campbell published numerous research articles on how certain desert plants thrive in salty soil and how sensitive plant (Mimosa) and other legumes move their leaves. His 30 years of teaching in diverse environments included general biology courses at Cornell University, Pomona College, and San Bernadino Valley College, where he received the college's first Outstanding Professor Award in 1986. Most recently Dr. Campbell was a visiting scholar in the Department of Botany and Plant Sciences at the University of California, Riverside. In addition to his authorship of this book, he coauthored Biology: Concepts and Connections and Essential Biology with Jane Reece. Each year, over 600,000 students worldwide use Campbell/Reece bioloogy textbooks. Jane B. Reece has worked in biology publishing since 1978, when she joined the editorial staff of Benjamin Cummings. Her education includes an A.B. in Biology from Harvard University, an M.S. in Microbiology from Rutgers University, and a Ph.D. in Bacteriology from the University of California, Berkeley. At UC Berkeley and later as a post-doctoral fellow in genetics at Stanford University, her research focused on genetic recombination in bacteria. Dr. Reece taught biology at Middlesex County College (New Jersey) and Queensborough Community College (New York). As as an editor at Benjamin Cummings, Dr. Reece played major roles in a number of successful textbooks. In addition to being a coauthor with Neil Campbell on BIOLOGY, Biology: Concepts and Connections and Essential Biology, she coauthored The World of the Cell, Third Edition, with W.M. Becker and M.F. Poenie.
- Author(s)Jane B. Reece,Neil A. Campbell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Out-of-print date20/12/2008
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight2862 g
- Width221 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition StatementRevised International ed
Most relevant reviews
- tom515730 Sep, 2011by
Ideal study air for university students reading Biology
Very usful and informative publication ideal for students at university studying Biology or Biological science related subject.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.