All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/06/2000
- Series TitleSerono Symposia, USA
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note112 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byFrancis L. Bellino
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
- Table Of Contents1. New Understanding of the Complexity of the Menopause and Challenges for the Future.- I. Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Ovarian Axis During Reproductive Aging.- 2. Luteinizing Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) Neuronal Function in Middle-Aged Female Rats.- 3. Reproductive Aging and the Human Hypothalamus.- 4. Alterations in the Pattern of Gonadotropin Secretion During the Menopausal Transition.- 5. Clinical and Scientific Significance of Perimenopausal Changes in Pituitary and Ovarian Hormone Secretion.- 6. Follicular Depletion and the Menopausal Transition.- 7. Ovarian Follicle Recruitment and Secretory Capacity in Women of Advanced Reproductive Age.- 8. New Strategies in Studying Ovarian Aging.- II. Effects of Reproductive Aging on Nonreproductive Tissues.- 9. Novel Mechanisms of Estrogen Action in the Developing Brain.- 10. Neuroprotective Effects of Estrogens.- 11. Cognitive Changes and Aging: Is Estrogen a Factor?.- 12. Age-Related Changes and Hormonal Regulation of Mesenchymal Stromal Stem Cells from Human Vertebral Bone Marrow.- 13. Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis.- 14. Changes in Cardiovascular Risk Factors During the Peri- and Postmenopausal Years.- 15. Estrogen and the Vascular Injury Response.- 16. Effects of Mammalian and Plant Estrogens on Lipoprotein Metabolism and Coronary Heart Disease.- 17. Potential Cardioprotective Effects of Estrogen Involving Ion Channels, Endothelium, and Coronary Artery Reactivity.- 18. Role of the Membrane Estrogen Receptor in Vascular Cell Physiology.- 19. Role of Nitric Oxide in the Antiatherosclerotic Effect of 17?-Estradiol.- 20. Biological and Psychosocial Factors Affecting Sexual Functioning During the Menopausal Transition.- III. New Methods and Emerging Areas.- 21. Transgenic Models to Study Reproduction, Oncogenesis, and Development.- 22. Studying the Genetics of Complex But Common Human Diseases Using Mice.- 23. The Classic Steroid Hormone Receptors and ER?, the Novel Estrogen Receptor.- 24. Estrogen Receptor Alpha versus Beta: New Estrogen Responsive Tissues and New Potentials for HRT.- 25. Putting the Menopause into Perspective: Lessons Learned from the Biology of Menopause.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.