All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.34Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleGWUMC Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Annual Spring Symposia
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight873 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byAllan L. Goldstein
- Table Of ContentsI-Molecular Biology, Virology, and Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease.- 1. Brain Amyloidoses: Precursor Proteins and the Amyloids of Transmissible and Nontransmissible Dementias: Scrapie-Kuru-CJD Viruses as Infectious Polypeptides or Amyloid-Enhancing Factors.- 2. Prions Causing Neurodegenerative Diseases: Immunoaffinity Purification and Neutralization of Scrapie Infectivity.- 3. The Molecular Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease.- 4. A Developmental Genetic Approach to the Analysis of Aging Processes.- 5. Alzheimer's Disease: Enter Protein Chemistry.- 6. Evidence for the Molecular Basis of Aging and Sequestration of Mammalian Erythrocytes.- 7. ?1-Antichymotrypsin: The Role of Proteases and Their Inhibitors in the Amyloid Deposition of Alzheimer's Disease and Normal Brain Aging.- 8. Replication of Adenovirus 2 and Adeno-Associated Virus 2 in Young and Senescent Human Diploid Fibroblasts.- 9. Lactoferrin Immunoreactivity and Binding Sites in Neurons, Neuritic Plaques, and Neurofibrillary Tangles in Alzheimer's Disease.- 10. Immunological Investigation of Thymic-Dependent Immunity in Normal Aging and in Patients with Senile Dementia of Alzheimer Type.- II-Metabolic, Membrane, and Cellular Markers and Models.- 11. Chronic Diseases and Disorders: A Hypothesis Suggesting an Age-Dependent versus an Age-Related Class.- 12. Changes in Receptors and Signal Transduction Events during Aging.- 13. Molecular Aging of Membrane Molecules and Cellular Removal.- 14. Health Watch: A Longitudinal Prospective Study of Healthy Aging in 2200 Individuals: I. Preliminary Analysis of Biochemical, Hematological, and Physiological Data for Males and Females. Application to the Care of Older Patients.- 15. Plasma ?-Tocopherol Levels in Men and Women of Different Ages.- 16. Polyenoic Fatty Acid Metabolism and Prostaglandin Biosynthesis in Aged Persons.- 17. Altered Phosphatidylinositol Breakdown in Polymorphonuclear Leukocytes with Aging.- 18. Rejoining of X-Ray-Induced DNA Double-Strand Breaks Declines in Unstimulated Human Lymphocytes Aging in Vivo.- 19. Interventive Gerontology, Cloning, and Cryonics: Relevance to Life Extension.- 20. Effects of Various Stimulators and Inhibitors on the Respiratory Burst of PMNL with Aging.- 21. Quantitative Approaches to Pathogenesis of Age-Related Metabolic Conditions.- III-Role of Nutritional, Dietary, and Immune Factors in the Pathogenesis of Aging.- 22. Nutritional Requirements in Aging.- 23. Influence of Dietary Restriction and Aging on Gene Expression in the Immune System of Rats.- 24. Zinc, Immunity, and Aging.- 25. Neuroendocrine Effects of Lifelong Dietary Restriction by Intermittent Feeding in Mice.- 26. Age-Associated Decline in Renal Response to Vasopressin: Diminished Adenylate Cyclase Activation in Collecting Ducts.- 27. Obesity and Lipoproteins: Influence of Weight Reduction in Postmenopausal Woman.- 28. Phenotype and Function of Lymphocyte Clones from Old and Young Subjects.- 28. Calorie Restriction and Longevity.- 29. Effect of Dietary Linolenate on the Pathogenesis of Fever.- 30. Poor Early Growth and Adult Mental and Somatic Health.- IV-Immunological Components and Immunoregulation in Aging.- 32. Alterations in B Cells and Antibodies of Aged Mice.- 33. Molecular Genetic Analysis of Human Monoclonal Gammopathies.- 34. Developmental Aspects of T Lymphocytes in Aging.- 35. Role of the Thymus in Aging of the Immune System.- 36. Modulation of T-Cell Functions in Aging.- 37. Age-Related Decline in Immunological Resistance to Infection: Murine Trypanosomiasis as a Model.- 38. The Clinical Significance of Immune Senescence: Advantages and Disadvantages.- 39. Immunosenescence and Human NK Cells.- 40. Regulation of the Expressed Idiotypic Repertoire in the Normal Immune Response of the Aged.- 41. Analysis of the Ability of Spleen Cells from Aged Mice to Produce Allospecific Cytotoxic Cells.- V-The Brain, Neuroendocrine Circuits, Pathology, and Plasticity.- 42. Neuronal Populations in Normal and Abnormal Aging.- 43. A
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.