All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
About this product
- DescriptionBiomedical Advances in HIV Prevention
- Author BiographySeth C. Kalichman received his Ph.D. in Clinical-Community Psychology from the University of South Carolina in 1990. He has served on the faculties of Loyola University of Chicago, Georgia State University, and the Medical College of Wisconsin. He is currently a Professor in the Psychology Department at the University of Connecticut. He is the Director of the Social Processes of AIDS graduate training program. Dr. Kalichman has conducted AIDS prevention and treatment research since 1990 and his research has been continuously funded by the National Institutes of Health since 1994. He has published over 300 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals, edited two books on AIDS. He dedicates his time to conducting HIV/AIDS behavioral research, focusing on developing and testing behavioral interventions to prevent the spread of HIV and minimize the adverse effects of HIV infection. He is the Director of the Southeast HIV-AIDS Research and Evaluation (SHARE) Project, community-based collaborative research group in Atlanta, Georgia and Cape Town, South Africa. He was the 1997 recipient of the Distinguished Scientific Award for Early Career Contribution to Psychology in Health, awarded by the American Psychological Association and the 2005 Distinguished Scientist Award from the Society for Behavioral Medicine. He is the Editor-in-chief of the peer-reviewed scientific journal AIDS and Behavior and the author of five books, including Denying AIDS: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, and Human Tragedy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, biography
- Weight596 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLisa A. Eaton,Seth C. Kalichman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.