All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/08/2008
- Series TitleBiological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight767 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLorenzo Pavesi,Philippe M. Fauchet
- Table Of ContentsLight Conversion in Photosynthetic Organisms.- Exploiting Photosynthesis for Biofuel Production.- In Between Photosynthesis and Photoinhibition: The Fundamental Role of Carotenoids and Carotenoid-Binding Proteins in Photoprotection.- Non-Linear Microscopy.- Applications of Optical Resonance to Biological Sensing and Imaging: I. Spectral Self-Interference Microscopy.- Applications of Optical Resonance to Biological Sensing and Imaging: II. Resonant Cavity Biosensors.- Biodetection Using Silicon Photonic Crystal Microcavities.- Optical Coherence Tomography with Applications in Cancer Imaging.- Coherent Laser Measurement Techniques for Medical Diagnostics.- Biomarkers and Luminescent Probes in Quantitative Biology.- Fluorescence-Based Optical Biosensors.- Optical Biochips.- CMOS Single-Photon Systems for Bioimaging Applications.- Optical Trapping and Manipulation for Biomedical Applications.- Laser Tissue Welding in Minimally Invasive Surgery and Microsurgery.- Photobiology of the Skin.- Advanced Photodynamic Therapy.
- Author BiographyLorenzo Pavesi is Professor of experimental physics at the university of Trento (Italy). Born the 21st of november 1961, he received the phd in physics in 1990 at the ecole polytechnique federale of lausanne (switzerland). in 1990 he became assistant professor, an associate professor in 1999 and full professor in 2002 at the university of Trento. He founded the research activity in semiconductor optoelectronics at the university of Trento and started several laboratories of optical spectroscopy, growth and advanced treatment of materials. During the last years, he concentrated on Si-based photonics, of which is one the leading experts worldwide. Recently his interested moved to nanoscience including nanobiotechnology and to the convergence of the nano- with the microtechnologies. Professor Philippe Fauchet is a Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Rochester (USA), where he is also Professor of Optics, Biomedical Engineering, and Materials Science. He received his Ph.D. in Applied Physics from Stanford University in 1984 and taught at Stanford and Princeton Universities before joining the University of Rochester in 1990. His research areas are in nanoscience and nanotechnology with silicon, optical and electrical biosensors, electroluminescent materials and devices, and optical diagnostics. In 1998, he founded the Center for Future Health, a multidisciplinary center involving scientists, engineers, physicians, nurses, and social scientist working together to develop devices and systems that can keep people healthy. He is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America, the American Physical Society, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.