All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Bernat Soria,Eduardo Rojas,Illani Atwater
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number211
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight957 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
- Table Of ContentsNew Experimental Approaches.- Patch Pipettes Used for Loading Small Cells with Flourescent Indicator Dyes.- Optical Detection of Calcium-Dependent ATP Release From Stimulated Medullary Chromaffin Cells.- Glucose-evoked Changes in [K+] and [Ca2+] in the Intercellular Spaces of the Mouse Islet of Langerhans.- K-Channels.- A Potassium Channel Modulated by Glucose Metabolism in Rat Pancreatic ?-cells.- Glucose Suppresses ATP-Inhibited K-channels in Pancreatic ?-cells.- K-Channels in an Insulin-secreting Cell Line: Effects of ATP and Sulphonylureas.- Inhibition of K-channels in Insulin Secreting Cells.- Pharmacological Control of 86Rb Efflux from Mouse Pancreatic Islets.- Electrophysiological Measurements Show Marked Differences in the Properties of the Pancreatic ?-cell K-channels from Albino Mice and a Strain of ob/ob (Obese) Mice.- Single K-channel Activity in Fish Islet Cells.- Potassium Channels in Adrenocortical and Parathyroid Cells.- Ca-Channels.- Pharmacological Properties of the Chromaffin Cell Calcium Channel.- Insulin Release and K+-induced Depolarization in Mouse Pancreatic ?-cells.- Calcium and Potassium Currents Recorded from Pancreatic ?-cells Under Voltage Clamp Control.- Voltage-activated Ca2+ and K+ Currents in an Insulin-secreting Cell Line (RINm 5F).- Voltage-gated Ca Current in Pancreatic Islet ?-cells.- Effects of Varapamil and Nifedipine on Glucose-Induced Electrical Activity in Pancreatic ?-cells.- Stimulation of Insulin Release by Organic Calcium-agonists.- Role of Ionic Channels.- Contribution of Isotope Flux Studies to Understanding the Mechanism of the ?-cell Membrane.- 22Na+ Efflux from Normal and ob/ob Mouse Islets of Langerhans.- The Role of Anions in the Regulation of Insulin Secretion.- Graded Spike Electrogenesis in Mouse Pancreatic ?-cell.- Prediction of the Glucose-induced Changes in Membrane Ionic Permeability and Cytosolic Ca2+ by Mathematical Modeling.- Modelling the ?-cell Electrical Activity.- Intracellular Ionized Calcium.- Insulin Secretion Studied in Islets Permeabilised by High Voltage Discharge.- Regulation of Insulin Release Independent of Changes of Cytosolic Ca2+ Concentration.- The Role of Cytosolic Calcium in Insulin Secretion from a Hamster Beta Cell Line.- Differential Effect of Nutrient and Non-nutrient Secretagogues on Cytosolic Free Ca2+ in Pancreatic Islet Cells.- Relationship Between Extracellular Na+ and the Total Ionized Ca2+ Content of Rat Pancreatic Islets.- Neural Regulation.- Mobilization of Different Pools of Glucose-incorporated Calcium in Pancreatic ?-cells After Muscarinic Receptor Activation.- Effect of the Order of Application of Neural Inputs on Insulin Secretion.- Muscarinic Receptors and the Control of Glucose Induced Electrical Activity in the Pancreatic ?-cell.- Electrophysiological Evidence for Histaminergic Modulation of Pancreatic ?-cell Function.- Effect of Melatonin on Insulin Secretion from Isolated Rat Islets of Langerhans.- Mechanisms of Insulin Release.- Calcium Regulation of Membrane Fusion During Hormone Secretion.- The Insulin Secretory Granule: Featurees and Functions in Common with Other Endocrine Granules.- Effects of Monensin on Glucose-induced Insulin Release and 45Ca2+ Outflow.- Interdependency of Ca2+ Availability and Cyclic AMP Generation in the Pancreatic ?-cell.- Cyclic AMP Antagonist, A Second Messenger for Insulin Action, Inhibits Glucose-stimulated Insulin Secretion in Isolated Islets of Chinese Hamsters.- Pulsatile Insulin Release and Electrical Activity from Single ob/ob Mouse Islets of Langerhans.- Comparison of Stimulus-secretion Coupling in Normal and ob/ob (Norwich Colony) Mouse Islets of Langerhans.- Insulin Release, Ca2+ Fluxes and Calmodulin Content of Pancreatic Islet in Aging Rats.- Protein Carboxyl Methylation in Rat Pancreatic Islets. Possible Role in ?-cell Function.- Role of Transglutaminase in Proinsulin Conversion and Insulin Release.- Induction of the Glucokinase-glucose Sensor in Pancreatic Islets of Insulinoma-be
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.95Trending at £5.25
- £10.25Trending at £11.41
- £12.47Trending at £12.74
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £23.95Trending at £24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.