All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume gathers together the ancient information available, listing all the names that the ancient Greeks gave their birds and all their descriptions and analyses. Arnott identifies as many of them as possible in the light of modern ornithological studies.
- Author BiographyW. Geoffrey Arnott is former Professor of Greek at the University of Leeds and Fellow of the British Academy. His publications include Alexis: The Fragments (1996) and an edition of Menander in three volumes (1979, 1996 and 2000). He was also a former president of the Leeds Birdwatchers' Club.
- Author(s)W. Geoffrey Arnott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleThe Ancient World from A to Z
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.