All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Robert B. Mann
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight172 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Black Holes.- Black Hole Thermodynamics.- Field Quantization in Curved Spacetime.- Particle Creation and Observer-Dependent Radiation.- Black Hole Radiation.- The Information Paradox.- Firewalls.- Summary.
- Author BiographyRobert Mann Dept of Physics & Astronomy University of Waterloo Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1 Canada Robert Mann is Professor of Physics at the University of Waterloo, has been a visiting researcher at Harvard University, Cambridge University, University of Queensland and the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, and is a Fulbright Fellow. Winner of two teaching awards, he was chair of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Waterloo from 2001-2008 and served as president of the Canadian Association of Physicists. He is author of over 350 refereed journal papers and has given over 200 invited seminars and colloquia. His research interests are in black holes, cosmology, string theory, particle physics, quantum foundations, and quantum information.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.