Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
- £18.99Trending at £33.98
About this product
- DescriptionLos Angeles is well-known as a temperate paradise with expansive beaches and mountain vistas, a booming luxury housing market, and the home of glamorous Hollywood. This title presents an analysis of the historical and contemporary contours of black life in Los Angeles.
- Author BiographyDarnell Hunt is Director of the Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies and Professor of Sociology at UCLA. He is the editor or author of numerous books, including Channeling Blackness: Studies on Television and Race in America and Screening the Los Angeles Riots: Race, Seeing, and Resistance. Ana-Christina Ramon is Assistant Director of the Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies at UCLA and a social psychologist.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note43 illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAna-Christina Ramon,Darnell M. Hunt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.