All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to the role and functions of Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), with clear explanations of the powers, procedures, and relevant National Occupational Standards, as well as invaluable flowcharts, case studies, and knowledge checks.
- Author BiographyDr Bryn Caless is Senior Lecturer in Policing at Canterbury Christ Church University and author of, or contributor to, a number of Blackstone's texts, including on police practice and PCSOs. After an active military career, Bryn was appointed Head of HR for Kent Police and Director of the Kent Police College, where he served for eight years before returning to academic work and researching the roles and opinions of chief police officers in UK and in Europe. He is editor of Blackstone's Policing for the Special Constable and a contributor to Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook: Practice and Procedure. He is currently researching Police and Crime Commissioners with Barry Spruce. Barry Spruce is the Head of Partnerships at Kent Police, which includes the Special Constabulary and he has co-authored a number of Blackstone's texts, including Blackstone's Policing for the Special Constable. Barry is currently studying for a PhD in Criminology at Canterbury Christ Church University, focusing on the extended policing family and the voluntary sector, and researching PCCs with Bryn Caless. Robert (Bob) Underwood is Programme Director in Policing in the Department of Law and Criminal Justice Studies at Canterbury Christ Church University and a former Kent Police officer. Together with colleagues from both organizations he was responsible for the design of the Foundation Degree in Policing which formed the basis of initial police training and education in Kent. He contributes to several other books in the Blackstone's series, including Blackstone's Handbook for Policing Students, Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook: Practice and Procedure, and Blackstone's Policing for the Special Constable. Steven England is a serving PCSO with Kent Police, following a distinguished undergraduate career at Canterbury Christ Church University when he won the Ruxton Prize for Outstanding Student, a distinction he repeated on his PCSO training.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight622 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBryn Caless
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Law
Save on Law
- £40.04Trending at £41.92
- £38.29Trending at £40.09
- £32.03Trending at £35.09
- £7.18Trending at £7.62
- £4.95Trending at £5.22
- £11.30Trending at £17.84
- £12.59Trending at £14.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.