All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes Gaelic society and the castle's role within its clan organisation. This book includes a detailed history of the MacCarthy Muskerry clan that charts their rise to power and their ultimate loss of Blarney after the battle of the Boyne. It also decribes the families who owned the castle (the MacCarthys, the Jefferies and the Colthursts).
- Author BiographyMark Samuel is an archaeologist and architectural historian who has studied Irish tower houses for more than 30 years. Kate Hamlyn is a freelance writer with an interest in history and archaeology.
- Author(s)Kate Hamlyn,Samuel Mark
- PublisherCork University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2008
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintCork University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps, plans
- Weight794 g
- Width198 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.08Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.