All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginal memoir first published in 1918 that has been long out of print. Contains eyewitness accounts of the First World War from the opening days in Belgium in 1914 up to the Battle of the Somme in 1916.
- Author BiographyCaptain A. Radclyffe Dugmore was a big game hunter and writer who published a large number of popular books on the subject of hunting in Africa. Despite being six years over age at the outbreak of the Great War he succeeded in obtaining a commission and served as a Captain into the ranks of the King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. He saw action in France during the Battle of the Somme in 1916. His powerful and evocative account of his military service was first published in 1918 under the title When The Somme Ran Red.
- Author(s)Captain A. Radclyffe Dugmore
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.80Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.60
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.