All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note8 fig.
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byDavid Sawyer,Klaus H. Schmidt
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction - Critical Essays on Thoreau's Journal, Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans, Melville and Jacobs, Stoddard and Whitney, Eastman's From the Deep Woods to Civilization, Mackenzie's The Monarch of the Glen, McCarthy's Memories of a Catholic Girlhood, Redbird's Red on White, Hurston and Walker, Carver and Altman, and Holzer's Lustmord.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Klaus H. Schmidt teaches American Language and Literature at the University of Mainz in Germersheim. He is currently an A.C.L.S. fellow at the American Antiquarian Society, preparing his habilitation thesis on 18th-century American Literature. David Sawyer teaches American Studies at the University of Mainz in Germersheim. He is currently a visiting professor at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. His present research centers on German-American travel writing. The Contributors: Klaus H. Schmidt, David Sawyer, Volker Raatz, Magdalen Mayer, Ulrike Nuessler, Sabina Matter-Seibel, Christoph Irmscher, Susanne Hagemann, Barbara Kraus, Sandra Carolan-Brozy, Opal Moore, Sabine Sielke.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £5.83Trending at £8.18
- £7.34Trending at £8.98
- £9.09Trending at £17.99
- £8.16Trending at £9.93
- £7.01Trending at £7.85
- £10.19Trending at £11.01
- £6.99Trending at £13.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.