All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments the lives, careers, and music of three British composers, William Selby of London and Boston (1738-98), Rayner Taylor of London and Philadelphia (1745-1825), and George K Jackson of St Andrews, New York, and Boston (1757-1822) who emigrated from England in mid-career and became leaders in the musical life of the American Federal era.
- Author BiographyNicholas Temperley is a professor emeritus of music at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is the author of The Music of the English Parish Church, Haydn: The Creation, The Hymn Tune Index, and several other books.
- Author(s)Nicholas Temperley
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication08/08/2008
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic in American Life
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note21 photographs; 14 maps/graphs
- Weight363 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine534 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £36.57Trending at £38.28
- £53.00Trending at £61.89
- £24.98Trending at £27.86
- £21.97Trending at £23.11
- £11.70Trending at £12.10
- £5.99Trending at £6.61
- £8.95Trending at £9.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.