All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.30Trending at £11.41
- £12.46Trending at £12.74
- £11.78Trending at £13.59
- £10.87Trending at £13.87
- £23.95Trending at £24.69
About this product
- Author(s)Christoph Schwab,Stefan A. Sauter
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight803 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Introduction.- Elliptic Differential Equations.- Elliptic Boundary Integral Equations.- Boundary Element Methods.- Generating the Matrix Coefficients.- Solution of Linear Systems of Equations.- Cluster Methods.- Parametric Surface Approximation.- A Posteriori Error Estimation.- Bibliography.- Index of Symbols.- Index.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. rer. nat. Stefan Sauter Born in 1964, Heidelberg, Germany. Studies of mathematics and physics at the University of Heidelberg (1985-1990). Scientific assistant at the University of Kiel (PhD 1993). 1993/94 PostDoc at the University of College Park. Until 1998, senior assistant at the University of Kiel (Habilitation 1998). Chair in Mathematics at the University of Leipzig (1998/99). Since 1999 Ordinarius in Mathematics at the Universitat Zurich. Prof. Christoph Schwab, PhD Born in 1962, Florsheim, Germany. Studies of mathematics, mechanics, and aerospace engineering in Darmstadt and College Park, Maryland, USA (1982-1989). PhD in Applied Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park 1989. Postdoctoral fellow (1990/91) University of Westminster, London, UK. Assistant professor (1991-1994) and associate professor (1995) of Mathematics, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA. Extraordinarius (1995-1998) and Ordinarius (1998-) for mathematics at the ETH Zurich. The authors were organizing various conferences and minisymposia on fast boundary element methods, e.g., at Oberwolfach, MAFELAP conferences at Brunel UK, Zurich Summer Schools, and were speakers on these topics at numerous international conferences.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.