Brecht Collected Plays: v. 8: The Antigone of Sophocles ; The Days of the Commune ; Turandot or the Whitewashers Congress by Bertolt Brecht (Hardback, 2003)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.25Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.07
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
About this product
- DescriptionVolume eight of Brecht's plays contains his last completed plays, from the years between his return from America to Europe after the war and his death in 1956. Antigone and Turandot are adaptations of the classic stories, while The Days of the Commune is a semi-documentary account.
- Author BiographyBertolt Brecht (1898-1956) is acknowledged as one of the great dramatists whose plays, work with the Berliner Ensemble and writing have had a considerable influence on the theatre. His landmark plays include The Threepenny Opera and, while exiled from Germany and living in the USA, such masterpieces as The Life of Galileo, Mother Courage and The Caucasian Chalk Circle.
- Author(s)Bertolt Brecht
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/08/2003
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleWorld Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Weight486 g
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byTom Kuhn
- Translated byDavid J. Constantine,Tom Kuhn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.