All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at regionally distinctive practices of wedding traditions in Britain from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries, in order to understand social networks, community attitudes, and local and regional identities.
- Author BiographyRobert Allan Houston was born in Hamilton, Scotland, lived in India and Ghana, and was educated at the Edinburgh Academy and St Andrews University before spending six years at Cambridge University as a research student (Peterhouse) and research fellow (Clare College). He has worked at the University of St Andrews since 1983 and is Professor of Early Modern History, specialising in British social history. He is a fellow of both the Royal Historical Society and the Royal Society of Edinburgh (Scotland's national academy), and a member of the Academia Europaea. He is married to a university manager and lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)R. A. Houston
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note2 black and white illustrations
- Weight556 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £8.99Trending at £10.87
- £17.64Trending at £19.31
- £6.87Trending at £7.20
- £3.34Trending at £3.50
- £7.76Trending at £8.89
- £4.50Trending at £5.37
- £7.79Trending at £8.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.