All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Ryder, a lonely student at Oxford, is captivated by the outrageous and exquisitely beautiful Sebastian Flyte. Invited to Brideshead, Sebastian's magnificent family home, Charles welcomes the attentions of its eccentric, aristocratic inhabitants. But he also discovers a world where duty and desire, faith and happiness are in conflict.
- Author BiographyEvelyn Waugh was born in Hampstead in 1903. His first novel, Decline and Fall, was published in 1928 and it was soon followed by: Vile Bodies (1930), Black Mischief (1932), A Handful of Dust (1934) and Scoop (1938). He travelled extensively, served in the Royal Marines and the Royal Horse Guards and continued to write, winning many prestigious literary awards. Brideshead Revisited was first published in 1945. Evelyn Waugh died in 1966.
- PrizesRunner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003.
- Author(s)Evelyn Waugh
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/09/2011
- Weight187 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £7.61Trending at £7.92
- £10.35Trending at £11.07
- £9.22Trending at £10.19
- £10.57Trending at £13.48
- £3.92Trending at £4.02
- £11.31Trending at £11.73
- £2.86Trending at £3.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.