All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaised in a Ladino-speaking family of Bulgarian Jewish immigrants, Pinhas-Cohen fuses the ancient Sephardic chant of her childhood with the contemporary rhythm of Israeli life. This bilingual collection offers readers a careful selection of poems from each of her seven published volumes.
- Author BiographyHava Pinhas-Cohen is an Israeli writer and poet. She is the editor of Dimui, a journal of literature, criticism, and Jewish culture, and the author of several poetry collections. Pinhas- Cohen was awarded the Prime Minister's Prize (1996), the ACUM Prize (1998), the Kugel Prize (2000), the Alterman Prize (2002), and the Rishon LeZion Prize for Creativity in Hebrew Language (2015). Sharon Hart-Green has a PhD in modern Hebrew literature from Brandeis University and has taught Hebrew and Yiddish literature at the University of Toronto, Canada. She is the author of Not a Simple Story: Love and Politics in a Modern Hebrew Novel.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleJudaic Traditions in Literature, Music and Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySharon Hart-Green
- Translated bySharon Hart-Green
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.44
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.