All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses four interrelated issues. This book conceptualises exclusion-linked deprivation of excluded and indigenous groups in Indian society and elaborates the concept and meaning of social exclusion in general, and of caste-, untouchability- and ethnicity-based exclusion in particular.
- Author BiographySukhadeo Thorat is Chairman, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR); former Chairman of University Grants Commission (UGC); and Professor of Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He has a BA (Milind College of Arts, Aurangabad, Maharashtra), MA in Economics (Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad), MPhil/PhD in Economics (Jawaharlal Nehru University) and Diploma in Economic Planning (Main School of Planning, Warsaw, Poland). His research areas include agricultural development, rural poverty, institution and economic growth, problems of marginalised groups, economics of caste system, caste discrimination and poverty. He was the Director of the Indian Institute of Dalit Studies, New Delhi from 2003 to 2006 and the Research Associate of International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, USA, since 1992. In 2008 he was awarded the Padmashree in the field of literature and education. Nidhi Sadana Sabharwal is currently the Director at the Indian Institute of Dalit Studies (IIDS), New Delhi. She is also in charge of the Gender and Social Exclusion Studies Unit at IIDS. She has a PhD from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, with specialisation in economic geography, and has significant experience in human development research. She has published articles on caste, ethnicity and economic discrimination, caste and religion links to malnutrition and child labour. She has extensive experience in data collection and analysis and policy advocacy. She has actively worked on key issues affecting the poor and vulnerable in India, through organisations based in India and the United Kingdom.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight703 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byNidhi Sadana Sabharwal,Sukhadeo Thorat
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.35Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.