All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Jeremy Black
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight692 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface; Introduction: mid-century crisis; The means of policy; The themes of policy; The crisis of 1744-6; A failing alliance system, 1747-8; Responding to the peace, 1749-51; The new order under strain, 1752-3; Towards war with France, 1754-5; The diplomatic revolution and the crisis of 1756; A struggle for survival, 1757; Conclusions; Selected further reading; Index.
- Author BiographyJeremy Black is Professor of History at the University of Exeter. He is the author of over 100 books, especially on eighteenth-century British politics and international relations, and is or has been on a number of editorial boards including the Journal of Military History, the journal of the Royal United Services Institute, Media History, the International History Review, and History Today, and was editor of Archives.
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.48
- £10.82Trending at £15.38
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.