All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom wazzocks to tossers, streaky bacon to bubble and squeak, nooky, snogging, effing and blinding - all are made clear in this fun phrasebook. It includes chapters on Cockney slang, Scottish Gaelic and Welsh, and an extensive vocabulary list from Scouse to Geordie, and Brummie to Estuary English.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Bartsch-Parker,Roibeard O'Maolalaigh,Stephen Burger
- PublisherLonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- Series TitleLonely Planet Phrasebook
- Place of PublicationHawthorn, Victoria
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLonely Planet Publications
- Out-of-print date01/07/2009
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width92 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- worksabre01 May, 2015by
Unique - as are the British!
A wonderful book about us Brits. Take us or leave us - we generally are a solid and reliable bunch, that can weather any storm...
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.