All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text reconstructs the murder of Amasa Sprague in 1843, the social and economic background of the crime, and the subsequent trials. In doing so, the book reveals the politics of prejudice in 19th-century New England as played out in the community and courtroom.
- Author BiographyCharles Hoffmann is emeritus professor of English at the University of Rhode Island. The late Tess Hoffmann was professor of English at Rhode Island College.
- Author(s)Charles Hoffmann,Tess Hoffmann
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1998
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £17.50Trending at £34.04
- £10.89Trending at £12.46
- £14.78Trending at £20.94
- £20.97Trending at £21.89
- £14.24Trending at £14.61
- £9.85Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.