All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.35Trending at £12.62
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
- £30.25Trending at £30.82
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyses the arrival and localisation of Buddhism in Australia in the context of the globalisation of Buddhism. This book seeks to explore the Buddhist experience in Australia, looking at the similarities and particularities of this experience in relation to other Western countries.
- Author BiographyCristina Rocha is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Cultural Research, University of Western Sydney, Australia. She is the editor of the Journal of Global Buddhism. Her research interests are Buddhism in the West, globalisation, religion and migration studies. Her previous publications include Zen in Brazil: The Quest for Cosmopolitan Modernity (2006). Michelle Barker is a former academic in the field of Buddhism in Australia, and her research interests remain in this field. Her writings include Developments in Australian Buddhism: Facets of the Diamond (Routledge, 2002).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Studies in Buddhism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCristina Rocha,Michelle Barker
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.