All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWordPress is much more than a blogging platform. As this practical guide clearly demonstrates, you can use WordPress to build web apps of any type - not mere content sites, but full-blown apps for specific tasks.
- Author BiographyBrian is the co-founder of WebDevStudios.com, a WordPress only development shop. Since he comes from a background of building complex web applications, he has always looked at utilizing WordPress for more than a blogging system or basic CMS. Brian and the team at WDS have built several non traditional websites utilizing WordPress as an application framework. Some recently deployed projects include an internal employee training system for StarBucks and an iPad/WordPress hybrid app for all of the YMCAs in NYC that logs member activity and awards badges. WDS is currently working on a project for the Dallas Museum of Art that will have an iPad kiosk at each exhibit to allow visitors to interact with each exhibit and receive badges based on their activity, all built with WordPress! Jason graduated from Haverford College with a BS in Computer Science and a minor in Creative Writing. He worked 2 years for Accenture as a Business Integration Consultant, bridging the technical and functional teams on the projects he worked on. In 2006, Jason left Accenture to turn his side business Stranger Studios into a full time web development company, building websites for small businesses and early stage startups. As WordPress evolved from a blogging platform into a more dynamic PHP framework, Stranger Studios started using it more and more for custom application development, launching sites like the Value Prop Accelerator (an elearning and project management platform - details here) and Charity Goal (a charity/crowdfunding platform) using WordPress as a framework.
- Author(s)Brian Messenlehner,Jason Coleman
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- GenreComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight732 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.23
- £13.86Trending at £14.27
- £41.00Trending at £49.96
- £8.19Trending at £11.99
- £23.41Trending at £25.49
- £20.64Trending at £21.94
- £17.46Trending at £19.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.