All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text examines the connection between the decline of the orphanage and the rise of welfare. Matthew Crenson argues that the prehistory of the welfare system was played out not on the stage of national politics or class conflict but in the micropolitics of institutional management.
- Author BiographyMatthew A. Crenson is Professor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Matthew A. Crenson
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note10 halftones, 1 table
- Weight476 g
- Width144 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.