All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Barbara Jones
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication31/05/2015
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSustainable Building
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations, diagrames
- Weight839 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementFull colour ed
- Author BiographyBarbara Jones, FRSA, is well known internationally as a pioneer of strawbale building and designer of innovative foundations (including using car tyres). She has been designing and building with natural materials for 20 years; including forming part of the Strawbale tour of the USA in 1999, organised by Judy Knox and Matts Myrhman, that brought European strawbale pioneers to the US. Barbara has also developed a uniquely empowering method of practical training on building sites. She was given a Lifetime Achievement Award by Women in Construction in 2011, and a Woman of Outstanding Achievement Award in 2009. Her practical skills include strawbale building, clay and lime plastering, carpentry and roofing. Barbara runs her own company, Straw Works, designing natural buildings of all shapes and sizes, and supporting self-builders.
Most relevant reviews
- lacondesadem03 Aug, 2015by
Explains everything one needs to know
Brilliant!!!!!!! It explains everything one needs to know about the subject of building with straw bales. Sending it to Australia for my son who lives on a farm. It is so informative and easy to understand.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.