Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionThis work examines what life was like in the new communities founded by David I in the 12th century, such as Perth, Aberdeen, Elgin, Edinburgh and Glasgow. It looks at houses, clothes and lifestyles, and also in relation to the religious houses which played such an important part in their life.
- Author BiographyDerek Hall lives in Perth where he is deputy director of SUAT (derived from the old Urban Archaeology Unit). He was educated at Elgin and in Weymouth and has worked for a variety of archaeological bodies including Historic Scotland where he was an Inspector. He is currently chairman of the Council for Scottish Archaeology Churches Committee. He has written numerous articles and reports and contributed a chapter to The Perthshire Book.
- Author(s)Derek Hall,Historic Scotland
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication30/05/2002
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe making of Scotland
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/07/2016
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations, photographs
- Weight218 g
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Christina Unwin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.