All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBurnley was once the cotton weaving capital of the world - 'we wove for home use before breakfast and for the rest of the world afterwards,' it was said. In 1929, 63 per cent of the working population of Burnley was involved in the industry. This work, illustrated with over 90 images, explores the history of this industry.
- Author BiographyJack Nadin is a resident of Burnley, and author of titles including Oldham Coalfields and Burnley Inns and Taverns.
- Author(s)Jack Nadin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, frontispiece
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.51
- £16.77Trending at £20.42
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £8.74Trending at £11.73
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.41
- £11.45Trending at £11.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.