All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat communication skills are essential in today's global economy? This book considers the changes occurring in professional communication, while also presenting a theoretical foundation of organizational communication.
- Author BiographyH. L. Goodall, Jr., is a professor of communication and director of the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication. A pioneer in the field of narrative ethnography, he introduced the detective metaphor to study high-technology organizations and cultures in CASING A PROMISED LAND; toured and played rhythm guitar in the Whitedog band to investigate rock and roll as a social theory of everyday working life in LIVING IN THE ROCK 'N ROLL MYSTERY; and went undercover to explore alternative forms of religion and spirituality in the southern region of the United States in DIVINE SIGNS: CONNECTING SPIRIT TO COMMUNITY. With Eric Eisenberg and Angela Trethewey, he is the coauthor of ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION: BALANCING CREATIVITY AND CONSTRAINT, and he authored the highly acclaimed WRITING THE NEW ETHNOGRAPHY. His memoir, A NEED TO KNOW: THE CLANDESTINE HISTORY OF A CIA FAMILY, won the Best Book of 2007 award from the Ethnography Division of the National Communication Association. He is married to Sandra Goodall and they have one child, Nicolas.
- Author(s)H. L. Goodall,Jr.
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight526 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 3rd Revised ed
Best selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.95Trending at £21.07
- £33.98Trending at £35.32
- £2.80Trending at £4.58
- £11.71Trending at £13.59
- £10.84Trending at £12.99
- £13.80Trending at £18.94
- £9.09Trending at £9.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.