All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren ages 6-9 look a little closer to find tortoises, toads, and lizards, not to mention the scary rattlesnake and scorpion. This title explores the enchantments of cactus country - plants send their roots deep into the earth to find water, and beetles stand on their head and shoot a stinky spray to fight off enemies.
- Author BiographyDonald M. Silver is the author of more than 40 science books for children and teachers alike. In addition to the award-winning One Small Square series, he has written The Animal World, Why Save the Rain Forest?, Extinction Is Forever, and The Dinosaur Activity Book-all illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne. Patricia J. Wynne's illustrations have also appeared in Scientific American, Natural History, and The New York Times as well as in the highly praised books Hungry, Hungry Sharks, and The Human Body.
- Author(s)Donald M. Silver,Patricia J. Wynne
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/1997
- GenreChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleOne Small Square
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note48 colour illustrations, glossary, index
- Weight159 g
- Width228 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest Age6-9
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.00
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.06Trending at £6.39
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £4.53Trending at £6.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.