All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Sullivan and Kathleen Miranda have written a contemporary calculus textbook that lecturers will respect and students can use. Consistent in its use of language and notation, Sullivan/Miranda's Calculus helps students learn calculus conceptually, while also emphasizing computational and problem-solving skills.
- Author BiographyMichael Sullivan, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Chicago State University, received a PhD in mathematics from the Illinois Institute of Technology, USA. Before retiring, Mike taught at Chicago State for 35 years, where he honed an approach to teaching and writing that forms the foundation for his textbooks. Mike has been writing for over 35 years and currently has fifteen books in print. His books have been awarded both Texty and McGuffey awards from TAA. Mike is a member of both the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America and the Text and Academic Authors Association, and received the TAA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007. Kathleen Miranda, Ed.D from St. John's University, is an Emeritus Associate Professor of the State University of New York (SUNY), USA, where she taught for 25 years. Kathleen is a recipient of the prestigious New York State Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching, and particularly enjoys teaching mathematics to underprepared and fearful students. In addition to her extensive classroom experience, Kathleen has worked an accuracy reviewer and solutions author on several mathematics textbooks, including Michael Sullivan's Brief Calculus and Finite Mathematics. Kathleen's goal is to help students unlock the complexities of calculus and appreciate its many applications.
- Author(s)Kathleen Miranda,Michael P. Sullivan
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight2569 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.85Trending at £12.99
- £17.90Trending at £19.99
- £11.22Trending at £12.25
- £19.38Trending at £19.99
- £16.40Trending at £17.39
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.