All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
About this product
- Author(s)James K. Peterson
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication05/02/2016
- Series TitleCognitive Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note105 colour illustrations, 25 colour tables, biography
- Weight967 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroductory Remarks.- Viability Selection.- Limits and Basic Smoothness.- Continuity and Derivatives.- Sin, Cos and All That.- Antiderivatives.- Substitutions.- Riemann Integration.- The Logarithm and Its Inverse.- Exponential and Logarithm Function Properties.- Simple Rate Equations.- Simple Protein Models.- Logistics Models.- Function Approximation.- Extreme Values.- Numerical Methods Order One ODEs.- Advanced Protein Models.- Matrices and Vectors.- A Cancer Model.- First Order Multivariable Calculus.- Second Order Multivariable Calculus.- Hamilton's Rule In Evolutionary Biology.- Final Thoughts.- Background Reading.
- Author BiographyDr. James Peterson is an Associate Professor in Mathematical Sciences and Biological Sciences at Clemson University, USA. His formal training is in mathematics but he has worked as an aerospace engineer and a software engineer also. He enjoys working on very hard problems that require multiple disciplines to make sense out of and he reads, studies and plays in cutting edge areas a lot as part of his interests.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.