All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHannah invites readers to learn about selective mutism from her perspective, helping them to understand what it is and what it feels like to have SM. This illustrated book is packed with accessible information that will be an ideal introduction for family, friends and teachers, clearly showing them how they can support a child with the condition.
- Author BiographyMaggie Johnson is a speech and language therapist and educational consultant specialising in childhood communication disorders and selective mutism. With thirty years' experience in education and community settings, Maggie works closely with families and schools in East Kent and provides training and workshops for schools, parents and health professionals across the UK and abroad. She lives in Ramsgate, UK. Alison Wintgens was a consultant speech and language therapist in child and adolescent mental health based at St George's Hospital until her retirement in July 2011. She has worked for over 20 years with children who have selective mutism and lives in London. Now she continues to write and teach, and is the advisor on selective mutism to the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. Maggie and Alison have both published extensively in the field of speech and language therapy and are advisors to the Selective Mutism Information and Research Association. Robyn Gallow's illustrations have been used in a number of educational titles. She lives in London, and is involved in both fashion and illustrating.
- Author(s)Alison Wintgens,Maggie Johnson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleCan I Tell You About...?
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note12 black and white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robyn Gallow
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Most relevant reviews
- nishlgrock02 Jan, 2016by
An essential introduction. Nothing heavy here! :D
Thank you for this. It's a great introduction for nurses to get a picture of how SM presents. This has helped my patient and I better understand one another. Familiarity and being there for her, reduces her anxiety, it's tangible. We thank you.
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £9.84Trending at £14.98
- £4.00Trending at £4.62
- £8.99Trending at £11.99
- £8.31Trending at £9.99
- £5.29Trending at £6.07
- £10.24Trending at £10.52