All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- DescriptionRevision of: Canadian battlefields 1915-1918: a visitor's guide / Terry Copp, Matt Symes, Nick Lachance. -- Waterloo, Ont.: LCMSDS, A2011.
- Author BiographyTerry Copp is Professor Emeritus of History at Wilfrid Laurier University and Director of the Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies. Copp is an influential advocate for military history in both military and civilian post-secondary education. Copps interest in the battlefields of Europe led to the creation of memorials and study tours for teacher and students, and the publication of invaluable battlefield guides to Canadian participation in both world wars. He is also the founder of Canadian Military History, Canadas leading journal of military history. Mark Humphries is Associate Professor and Dunkley Chair in War and the Canadian Experience at Wilfrid Laurier University and Director, Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies (LCMSDS). He is the co-editor of Germanys Western Front, a five-volume series of translations from the German official history of the Great War. Nick Lachance is a student at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Research Assistant at LCMSDS. Many of his photos appear in this guide. Lachances primary responsibility was to use modern satellite images from Google Earth and rework them into the 59 historical and tour maps inside the guide. Caitlin McWilliams is an MA (History) graduate from Wilfrid Laurier University and a Research Associate at LCMSDS. Drawing on her educational and battlefield touring experience as well as her photography talent, McWilliams scouted, wrote, edited and/or added photographs to parts of every tour section in the guide. Matt Symes is the Publications Manager for LCMSDS, the editor of canadianmilitaryhistory.ca and a PhD Candidate (ABD) at Wilfrid Laurier University. 1812: A Guide to the War and its Legacy is the fifth battlefield guide that Symes has worked on, including Canadian Battlefields 1915-1918: A Visitors Guide and three battlefield guides on the Italian Campaign during the Second World War. Symes was also the co-editor (with Geoffrey Hayes and Mike Bechthold) of Canada and the Second World War: Essays in honour of Terry Copp.
- Author(s)Caitlin McWilliams,Mark Humphries,Matt Symes,Nick Lachance,Terry Copp
- PublisherLaurier Centre for Military, Strategic and Disarmament Studies
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintLaurier Centre for Military, Strategic and Disarmament Studies
- Content Notemaps
- Weight366 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.