All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.36Trending at £15.61
- £11.89Trending at £13.30
- £9.50Trending at £9.56
- £30.00Trending at £34.09
- £2.39Trending at £3.03
- £11.89Trending at £13.62
- £17.99Trending at £20.95
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a section on Colorectal Cancer, an area that has seen progress in screening, early detection, prevention and therapy. This book also includes biology and treatment of common malignancies, as well as chapters that summarise advances in chemotherapy and immunotherapy for cancer.
- Author BiographyGiuseppe Giaccone is Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at the Free University Medical Center in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He graduated at the Medical School in Turin, Italy, in 1980, before specializing in internal medicine and medical oncology at the same institution until 1988. From 1988 to 1990, he pursued a 2-year basic science fellowship at the US National Cancer Institute, studying the biology of lung cancer. From 1990, he held a senior position as a medical oncologist at the Free University Medical Center in Amsterdam. He was appointed Professor of Medical Oncology in 2000 and became Head of the Department of Medical Oncology in January 2003. Between 1993 and 2000 he was chairman of the EORTC Lung Cancer Group. Dr. Schilsky earned his MD at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine in 1975. Following a residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Memorial Hospital, he received training in Medical Oncology and Clinical Pharmacology at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) from 1977 to 1981. He then served as Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine from 1981-1984 when he returned to the University of Chicago. At the University of Chicago, he served as Director of the Cancer Research Center from 1991-1999, and presently serves as Associate Dean for Clinical Research. An international expert in gastrointestinal malignancies and cancer pharmacology, he has served on a number of peer review and advisory committees for the NCI and has recently completed a term as Chair of the Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Dr. Schilsky currently serves as a member of the NCI Board of Scientific Advisors. Since 1995, Dr. Schilsky has served as Chairman of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B. He is a member of the external advisory committees of several comprehensive cancer centers including the University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Mayo Cancer Center, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and the Cancer Institute of New Jersey. He has also served as a member of the Selection Committee for the Bristol-Myers Squibb Award for Distinguished Achievement in Cancer Research. Dr. Schilsky was recently elected a member of the Board of Directors of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Schilsky is an Associate Editor of Clinical Cancer Research and Cancer and a member of the editorial board of Seminars in Oncology and the Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. He has published more than 200 articles and book chapters in the medical literature and has edited three books. Dr. Sondel received a PhD in genetics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He graduated from Harvard Medical School and did an internship at the University of Minnesota Hospital. Dr. Sondel then did his residency in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has been a faculty member of the University of Wisconsin Medical School since 1980. He currently is a Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Human Oncology at UW Medical School and Program Leader for Immunology and Immunotherapy at the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center. He has co-authored over 300 publications. Dr. Sondel does research related to immune modulation as treatment for malignancy.
- PublisherElsevier Health Sciences
- Date of Publication09/12/2003
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Health Sciences
- Out-of-print date08/03/2011
- Weight2270 g
- Width197 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byGiuseppe Giaccone,Paul Sondel,Richard L. Schilsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.