CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.09Trending at £12.98
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- DescriptionOf the two disciplines in parallel development for years, tumor immunology and transplantation immunology, the latter has thrived and has led to some of the most critical discoveries in immunobiology. The former continues to thwart both scientists and clinicians alike. This book contains the papers that include both basic and clinical science.
- Author BiographyProf. Yehuda Shoenfeld is the founder and head of the Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, at the Sheba Medical Center which is affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine in Tel-Aviv University, in Israel. Dr. Shoenfeld is the Incumbent of the Laura Schwarz-Kipp Chair for Research of Autoimmune Diseases at the Tel-Aviv University. His clinical and scientific works focus on autoimmune and rheumatic diseases, and he has published more than 1750 papers in journals such as New Eng J Med, Nature, Lancet, Proc Nat Acad Scie, J Clin Invest, J Immunol, Blood, FASEB, J Exp Med, Circulation, Cancer and others. His articles have had over 35,000 citations. He has written more than three hundred and fifty chapters in books, and has authored and edited 25 books, some of which became cornerstones in science and clinical practice, such as The Mosaic of Autoimmunity , Infections and Autoimmunity and the textbook Autoantibodies and Diagnostic criteria of autoimmune diseases , all of which were published by Elsevier and sold by the thousands. He is on the editorial board of 43 journals in the field of rheumatology and autoimmunity and is the founder and the editor of the IMAJ (Israel Medical Association Journal) the representative journal of science and medicine in the English language in Israel, and also is the founder and Editor of the Autoimmunity Reviews (Elsevier) (Impact factor 7.9) and Co-Editor of Journal of Autoimmunity (Impact factor 8.1). He has organized over 20 international congresses in autoimmunity. Prof. Shoenfeld received the EULAR prize in 2005, in Vienna, Austria: The infectious etiology of anti-phospholipid syndrome . He has received a gold medal from the Slovak Society of Physicians for his contribution to Israel - Slovakia collaboration (March 2006), and is honorary member of the Hungarian Association of Rheumatology. In UC Davis, USA, Dr. Shoenfeld received the Nelson's Prize for Humanity and Science for 2008. In 2009 he was honored as Doctoris Honoris Causa, from Debrecen University (Hungary), and from 2009 he is honorary member of the Slovenian National Academy of Sciences. He has recently been awarded a Life Contribution Prize in Internal Medicine in Israel, 2012 as well as the ACR Master Award in 2013. Prof. Shoenfeld has educated a long list of students (>25) being heads of departments and institutes.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight1260 g
- Width197 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byM. E. Gershwin,Yehuda Shoenfeld
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.