All listings for this product
Best selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.99Trending at £13.69
- £4.00Trending at £6.85
- £11.99Trending at £16.86
- £6.99Trending at £7.37
- £11.21Trending at £13.43
- £18.95Trending at £30.57
- £29.99Trending at £31.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book begins with a close study of the canons of Antioch and proposes a new chronology for their composition. It then works from that conclusion to demonstrate the significance of canon law as a resource for understanding the early Church. Finally, it explores the nature and status of canon law in its early developmental period.
- Author BiographyChristopher W. B. Stephens studied Theology at Christ Church, Oxford, under the supervision of Mark Edwards. There he began his research into early canon law and doctrine, from which this book emerges. After a number of years leading the research department of the Methodist Church in Britain, Christopher is now Head of Southlands College at the University of Roehampton and Director of the Susanna Wesley Foundation for Ministry, Management and Organisation. Christopher's current academic work combines an ongoing interest in Ecclesiastical History with organisational research programmes to support the contemporary development of faith communities and religious institutions. His other recent publications include resources for those exercising public ministry and research papers on diversity and migration within contemporary Christian communities in Britain.
- Author(s)Christopher W. B. Stephens
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- GenreChristian Theology
- Series TitleOxford Theology and Religion Monographs
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight600 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.