All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores Captain Cook's monumental achievements as an explorer as well as a seaman of inspired efficiency and enterprise, pioneering trade routes, and dispelling the cloud of the unknown for seamen of all time. His third voyage, in HMS Resolution, bore him to a violent death in Hawaii.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1903, Alan Villiers was a prolific author, writing dozens of books, mainly on maritime subjects.
- Author(s)Alan Villiers
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2001
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitlePenguin Classics S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date15/04/2005
- Content Note4 illustrations, line drawings, bibliopgraphy, index
- Weight301 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £15.12Trending at £15.72
- £24.18Trending at £27.11
- £6.77Trending at £8.21
- £27.74Trending at £29.24
- £8.50Trending at £10.06
- £22.58Trending at £28.54
- £20.55Trending at £21.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.