All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £4.76
- £8.24Trending at £8.93
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £8.96Trending at £9.58
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
- £14.88Trending at £15.37
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleTopics in Environmental Physiology and Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight780 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGabriel G. Nahas,Karl Ernst Schaefer
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Dr. Fenn's Last Manuscript: An Exchange of Correspondence: Gabriel G. Nahas.- Carbon Dioxide and the Sea: Wallace O. Genn.- I Carbon Dioxide and pH Regulation of Basic Metabolic Processes.- 1. Carbon Dioxide and Metabolic Regulations in Plant Photosynthesis.- 2. The Regulation by Carbon Dioxide of Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism in Isolated Perfused Tissue.- 3. Nature of Dynamics of Cellular Carbon Dioxide.- 4. Relationships between Blood and Extravascular Pco2, [H+], and [HCO3?], Lung, Cerebrospinal Fluid, and Brain.- II Carbon Dioxide and pH Regulation of Cellular Functions.- 1. Carbon Dioxide Effects on Nerve Cell Function.- 2. Simultaneous Recordings of pH, Pco2, and Neuronal Activity during Hypercapnic Transients.- 3. Carbon Dioxide Action on Neuronal Membranes.- 4. Carbon Dioxide in Developmental Processes.- 5. Mechanisms of Carbon Dioxide and pH Effects on Metabolism.- 6. Carbon Dioxide Respiratory Regulation and Chronobiology.- III Carbon Dioxide and pH Effect on Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport.- 1. Effect of Acid-Base Status on Oxygen Transport by Whole Blood.- 2. The Influence of pH and Oxygen on the Erythrocyte Content of 2, 3-Diphosphoglycerate.- 3. Carbon Dioxide Transport.- 4. Carbon Dioxide and the Utilization of Oxygen.- 5. Pco2, pH, and Body Temperature.- 6. Carbon Dioxide and Temperature Regulation of Homeothermic Mammals.- IV Carbon Dioxide and Regulation of Organ Function.- 1. Bone Carbon Dioxide Stores and Acid-Base Regulation.- 2. Continuous Control of Intravascular Pco2 and Reflexogenic Effects of Carbon Dioxide on the Pulmo-Cardio-Vascular System in sita.- 3. The Effects of Carbon Dioxide and pH on the Regulation of the Pulmonary Circulation.- 4. Carbon Dioxide and the Kidney.- 5. Scanning Electron Microscopy of the Urinary Pole of the Distal Tubule Cells in the Rat Subjected to Respiratory Acidosis and to Metabolic Alkalosis.- 6. Carbon Dioxide in Cerebral Extracellular Fluids.- 7. Acid-Base and Energy Metabolism of the Brain in Hypercapnia and Hypocapnia.- V Adaption to Carbon Dioxide.- 1. Metabolic Aspects of Adaptation to Carbon Dioxide.- 2. Acid-Base Equilibrium in Chronic Hypercapnia.- 3. The Extracellular Bicarbonate Concentration and the Regulation of Ventilation in Chronic Hypercapnia in Man.- 4. Respiratory Gas Exchange, Acid-Base Balance, and Electrolytes during and after Maximal Work Breathing 15 mm Hg PICo2.- 5. Adaptation to Hypocapnia and its Role in Adaptation to Hypoxia.- VI Mathematical Models for Carbon Dioxide Regulation.- 1. Regulation of the Carbon Dioxide of Arterial Blood by Ventilation.- 2. The Behavior of the Carbon Dioxide Stores of the Body during Unsteady States.- 3. Carbon Dioxide Stores in the Study of Energy Metabolism.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.