Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.46Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an interdisciplinary collection of fifteen essays, with an editorial introduction, on a range of territories in the Commonwealth, Francophone, and Hispanic Caribbean. This book focusses on land and development, providing perspectives through a collection of international contributing authors.
- Author BiographyJEAN BESSON (M.A., Ph.D. Edinburgh), a Jamaican, is Reader in Anthropology at Goldsmiths College, University of London, England. She has carried out research in Jamaica and the Eastern Caribbean on cultural history, peasantries, land tenure, development, kinship, gender, and religion. Her publications include Land and Development in the Caribbean (co-edited with Janet Momsen, Macmillan, 1987); Martha Brae's Two Histories: European Expansion and Caribbean Culture-Building in Jamaica (2002); and Caribbean Narratives of Belonging: Fields of Relations, Sites of Identity (co-edited with Karen Fog Olwig, Macmillan, 2005). JANET MOMSEN is Professor of Geography in the Department of Human and Community Development at the University of California, Davis. She has a B.A. and B.Litt. from Oxford, a M.Sc. from McGill, and a Ph.D. from London. Her research interests include gender and development, rural development and tourism in the Caribbean, Mexico, Eastern Europe and Bangladesh. Professor Momsen's publications on the Caribbean include Land and Development in the Caribbean (co-edited with Jean Besson, Macmillan, 1987); Women and Change in the Caribbean (1993); and Environmental Planning in the Caribbean (with Jonathan Pugh, 2006).
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies of the Americas
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJanet Henshall Momsen,Jean Besson
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.