All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating extensive graphics with an 8-year astronomical calendar, this book presents sky events geared to naked-eye and binocular viewing. It is arranged by ease of observation - lunar phases and brighter planets, solar eclipses, the aurora through comets.
- Author BiographyFrancis Reddy is a senior science writer for Syneren Technologies Corp., and writes science-related press releases and other content for the Astrophysics Science Division at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland. He previously served as a senior editor at Astronomy magazine and has published several books for skygazers of all ages, including Halley's Comet! (AstromMedia, 1985), The Children's Atlas of the Universe (Rand McNally & Co., 1990), as well as two previous editions of Celestial Delights (Ten Speed Press, 1992 and 2002) with more than 20,000 copies in print.
- Author(s)Francis Reddy
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/11/2011
- GenrePopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight661 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2012
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.44
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.