Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.74
- £14.82Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the structure and mechanics of a wide range of cellular materials in botany, zoology, and medicine.
- Author BiographyLorna J. Gibson is the Matoula S. Salapatas Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where she has been a faculty member since 1984. Her research interests focus on the mechanics of materials with a cellular structure such as honeycombs and foams and she is co-author, with Mike Ashby, of Cellular Solids: Structure and Properties (2nd edition, Cambridge University Press, 1997). Michael F. Ashby is Emeritus Professor in the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge, where he has been a faculty member since 1973. He is a member of the Royal Society, the Royal Academy of Engineering and the U.S. National Academy of Engineering. He has authored a number of books on materials, design and the environment and he has a lifelong interest in natural and cellular materials. Brendan A. Harley is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, as well as a core faculty member of the Institute for Genomic Biology (Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering Theme). His research interests focus on fabricating homogenous and spatially-patterned cellular biomaterials for tissue engineering applications.
- Author(s)Brendan A. Harley,Lorna J. Gibson,Michael F. Ashby
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note149 b/w illus. 21 colour illus. 34 tables
- Weight810 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.