All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on recent developments and advances of ceramics and ceramic matrix composites for use in fission and fusion reactors, nuclear fuels and alternative energy applications. With the continued increasing demands for energy, nuclear energy has experienced a renewed interest.
- Author BiographyAndrew A. Wereszczak received his Ph.D. in Materials Science & Engineering from the University of Delaware in 1992, and while his research is varied, the study and interpretation of the relationship between mechanical properties and microstructure (of monolithic ceramics, structural materials, and electronic materials) are common denominators. Micromechanical characterization of structural and armor ceramics using instrumented static and dynamic indentation (e.g., Hertzian) with acoustic emission analysis, and adapting those measured performances and damage mechanism analyses to strength, rolling contact fatigue, wear, machining, and ballistic performances is a primary objective. Additionally, ceramic strength and fatigue testing, ceramic fractographical and flaw population analyses, Weibull analysis strength-size-scaling, and probabilistic life prediction and design of structural ceramic components constitutive another primary research objective. In support of all these efforts, both conventional and microstructural-level finite element stress analyses and microstructure characterization are performed. He is the author or co-author of over 100 technical publications and has given over 80 presentations, and is the co-developer of -FEA software.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleCeramic Engineering and Science Proceedings
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 27, issue 5
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byAndrew Wereszczak,Edgar Lara-Curzio,Sharon Marra
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.