All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at managers of analytical laboratories but will also interest teachers of analytical chemistry and green public policy makers this is a must for anyone working in or affiliated with Green Chemistry.
- Author BiographyProfessor Miguel de la Guardia currently holds position as Professor of Analytical Chemistry in Valencia University (Spain). He received his MsSc from Valencia in 1976 and a PhD degree from the same university in 1979 with a thesis about The use of emulsions in Atomic Spectroscopy . Promoted to Associate Professor in 1985, his current professorship started from 1991. During this time Professor Miguel de la Guardia have been member of a research team with a staff involving Prof. Agustin Pastor (Chromatography studies), Prof. M. Luisa Cervera (Atomic Spectrometry), Prof. Angel Morales (Automation and micro-wave assisted methodologies) and Prof. Salvador Garrigues (Vibrational Spectrometry) and many post-doctoral colleagues, friends and students who have cooperated for the publication of more than 400 research papers in international journals, from which 338 have been correctely included in the ISI web of Science His current research is focused on the automation of analytical methods through multicommutation, sample preparation procedures for both, elemental analysis and speciation, and for chromatography and spectrometry determinations and quantitative vibrational spectrometry in the FTIR, NIR and Raman fields. Other major topics of my research are Chemometrics, Development of green analytical methods and Development of portable spectrometers. Professor Miguel de la Guardia has also supervised 29 PhD thesis and participate in many analytical symposia through the world being invited speaker in France, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Venezuela, Morocco, Turkey, China, Norway, UK, USA, Colombia, Egypt, Uruguay, Argentina, Switzerland, Belgium. He is a member of the editorial board of Spectroscopy Letters (USA), Ciencia (Venezuela), J. Braz. Chem. Soc. (Brazil), having previously been member of the Advisory board of Analytica Chimica Acta from 1995 to 2000. He is currently a consultant of the government of Portugal, Italy, Argentina and China for the evaluation of research proposals and grants and is regularly requested by several journals to act as reviewer.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- Series TitleGreen Chemistry Series
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight655 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMiguel De la Guardia,Salvador Garrigues
- Series Edited byJames H. Clark,George A. Kraus
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.