All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplains how gambling problems are related to other underlying issues: such as anxiety, mood fluctuation, difficulty with impulse control, and substance abuse problems. This title includes a toolbox of resources for those who want to stop the vicious cycle of gambling. It provides techniques for controlling the urge to gamble.
- Author BiographyHoward Shaffer, PhD, a pioneer in the field of gambling addiction, is an associate professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and the director of the Division on Addiction at the Cambridge Health Alliance. He has an active private practice and consults internationally to a variety of organizations in business, education, human services, law, and government. Ryan Martin, PhD, is an assistant professor in the Department of Health Education and Promotion at East Carolina University. John Kleschinsky, MPH, spent three years at the Cambridge Health Alliance's Division on Addiction and is currently pursuing a DrPH in social and behavioral sciences at the Boston University School of Public Health. Liz Neporent, MA, is an award-winning health and medical journalist who has written fifteen best-selling health titles.
- Author(s)Howard J. Shaffer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleHarvard Health Publications
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width153 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £8.94Trending at £9.57
- £9.75Trending at £10.25
- £4.98Trending at £5.31
- £8.49Trending at £9.11
- £9.02Trending at £10.18
- £7.19Trending at £7.63
- £6.49Trending at £8.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.