All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £1.49Trending at £1.65
- £1.49Trending at £1.54
- £31.95Trending at £33.98
- £24.88Trending at £35.76
- £16.32Trending at £18.52
- £14.50Trending at £15.38
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight428 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCarl Friedrich Graumann,Serge Moscovici
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
- Table Of Contents1. Changing Conceptions of Leadership: An Introduction.- 2. The Evolution of Leadership: A Preliminary Skirmish.- The Group Context of Leadership.- Leadership and Social Evolution.- Leader-Follower Associations.- From Animals to Humans: Natural and Institutional Attention Control.- Some Conclusions.- 3. The Dilemma of Unwanted Leadership in Social Movements: The German Example Before 1914.- The Beginning-An Impossible Discussion.- High Tide in Discussions of the Political Mass Strike.- The Leader-Mass Problem in 1905.- High-points in the Discussion: Luxemberg versus Kantsky and the Organizational Crisis of 1913.- 4. Charismatic Leadership: Max Weber's Model and Its Applicability to the Rule of Hitler.- Weber's Model.- The Latent Charismatic Situation.- The Manifest Charismatic Situation.- The Establishment of Charismatic Leadership.- The Properties of Charismatic Leadership.- 5. Charismatic Domination, Totalitarian Dictatorship, and Plebiscitary Democracy in the Twentieth Century.- Toward a Theory of Charismatic Domination.- Types of Extraordinary Situations.- Totalitarian Dictatorship.- Plebiscitary Democracy.- Plebiscitary Democracy and Political Parties.- Toward a Systematic Study of Charismatic Phenomena.- 6. Power and Leadership in Lewinian Field Theory: Recalling an Interrupted Task.- Kurt Lewin and the Change in Social Psychology.- Power and Leadership in the Field-Theoretical Perspective.- Individualism and the Galileian Principle: An Unresolved Conflict.- 7. The Contribution of Cognitive Resources and Behavior to Leadership Performance.- Antecedents.- Contributions of Leader Intelligence to Task Performance.- Cognitive Resource Theory.- Initial Empirical Support for the Cognitive Resource Theory.- Discussion.- 8. Leadership as a Function of Group Action.- Without Action, There Is No Leadership.- Basic Features of Group Action.- Leadership in Group Action.- The Future of Leadership.- 9. Contests, Conquests, Coronations: On Media Events and Their Heroes.- Heroes and the Daily News.- Media Events.- A Typology of Media Events.- Events and Their Heroes.- The Role of Television.- Media Events and Conflict Management.- 10. The Creation of Political Leaders in the Context of American Politics in the 1970s and 1980s.- The Players.- The Voters and Their Perceptions.- Shaping and Introducing the Candidate.- Reassessment and Fine Tuning.- Reflections on the Process: The Creation of a Political Leader or the Creation of a Political Manager?.- 11. Leadership Ms.-Qualified: I. The Gender Bias in Everyday and Scientific Thinking.- Some Facts and Figures.- Leadership Research and Theory.- Women as a Topic of Leadership Research.- The Gender Bias in Psychological Research.- Conclusion.- 12. Leadership Ms.-Qualified: II. Reflections on and Initial Case Study Investigation of Contemporary Women Leaders.- Toward an Expanding Conceptualization of Leadership.- Interviewing Women Leaders: A Pilot Study.- Pathways to Leadership: The Activation of Women Leaders.- Consequences of the Particular Pathways: Network Support, Interchangeability, Entitlement, and the Protege System.- The Anomalies of Women's Leadership Praxis: Coping with Issues of Authority.- Constructing the Function, Praxis, and Social Ecology of Leadership.- Creating an Alternative Ecology.- The Public and the Private: The Double Standard for Women Leaders, a Further Ms.-Qualification.- Future Perspectives.- 13. Scientific Leadership.- The Need for Leadership.- The Scientific Leadership.- The Functions of Scientific Leadership.- 14. Epilogue.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.